Sign up to my mailing list for class info

Welcome! Why not sign up to my mailing list for up to date class information?

Subscribe to my mailing list!

* indicates required

Friday 11 March 2016

Product Review: Asquith Activewear & Discount Code

Asquith London: ethically made and eco-friendly...


Asquith London merchandise
Treats from Asquith

I have been wanting to get an outfit from Asquith for a while now, but none of the colours or styles have been quite what I was after: I don't like too much black, I really don't like cerise pink, and I'm really not a fan of snakeskin. So, when I saw this darling little top in minty turquoise I knew the time was right! 

I plumped for Layering Cami in 'Minty Fresh' and Flow With It Leggings in 'Slate'. 

Asquith garments
Labels of Quality

I had expected some kind of special packaging, so at first when I saw that it arrived in a routine-looking poly post bag I was a little disappointed, until I realised that it is biodegradable. The packaging can look as run-of-the-mill as it likes as far as I am concerned, so long as it is not clogging up the world with more plastic!

Inside the outer bag were my two beautiful-looking garments, oozing quality and substance (unfortunately in plastic, but you can't have everything can you?). 

I definitely felt like I was receiving a top quality treat.

...but is it any good? 

Unwrapping my lovely new garments, I fell in love straight away with the feel of the fabrics- so much so that I had to have a try-on right there in the living room. 

The jacquard stars in the top between the contouring style lines are just adorable, and I love the strappy look. The leggings are completely opaque, and are a beautiful thundery shade of grey (I love grey!). 

Luckily, the fit was great: the leggings are the perfect length (I'm 5'5"- that's average- but with long legs, and sometimes leggings are evidently made for supermodels, but too short's no good either), and a great height through the rise. The top was extremely comfortable and I felt supported and hugged-in without feeling constricted. I can't really say too much about the bust support in the built in bra, as I have quite a small bust, but I didn't end up looking completely flat chested either- nobody likes that look!  

minty vest in action
In action

Putting it to the test: 

After a few quick stretches in order to get some pictures to show you, I decided to put my outfit to the test in a sweaty Body Blast class. This was definitely in at the deep end, but I got the impression this gym gear was tough enough! 


layering cami
Stretch!

And I wasn't disappointed: the first thing about the performance of Asquith products that impressed me was that I didn't have to keep pulling the leggings up or the top down. Everything, including the straps stayed just where I wanted it to be throughout the entire class. It is hard to find a top that doesn't ride up at all (trust me, I've tried a few!). 

The only drawback for me was that I ended up with a small unsightly sweat patch on my leggings (blush!), but this was quickly covered by just pulling the top down a little more (it has plenty of length to either ruche up or pull down which proved really useful in this instance). 

The Verdict:

Whilst I perhaps wouldn't wear the leggings for anything where I would expect the sweat to really show, they will be perfect while I can pull the long top down, and also for yoga and Pilates, hiking, bike rides, and just chilling out. They are such nice leggings I would even wear them under a tunic for a casual day out. 

I will be getting a lot of wear from my top, and I may go back for another. It's great to know it will stay in place for even the most active of workouts (and any sort of inversion will be covered). 

Discount Code:

I hope you've found this review useful. To celebrate the fact that I am now an 'Asquith Lover', I am delighted to offer you a discount code: just enter FITPIXIE20 at the checkout on asquithlondon.com and the magic will happen! 


Flow with it leggings
Triceps!





4 comments:

  1. Great Information! Thanks for sharing such an amazing blog.
    corsetsnbasques.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice collection! There are so many activewear for women on sale at store www.haoyii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog post about sports wear and gym clothes
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately my experience was not that great ... I bought black "Move it" leggings in the spring directly from Asquith. After a few months, there were holes in the rear (over the bum), so I stopped using them for yoga. I started using them instead for jogging, but soon the waist elastic started slipping while running -- not very comfortable. I started using them to wear around the house, but I sit cross-legged a lot, and soon another hole appeared in the crotch area. I submitted a review to the Asquith website, which they didn't publish. Instead, they contacted me directly to ask for pictures of the problems and offered to send me a replacement. I sent pictures but refused the replacement (I have no need for another pair of bad leggins) but asked my review to be published. It wasn't.
    For a company that claims to be ethical, this is pretty dodgy behaviour.

    ReplyDelete